Outreach Manager – Position Description
IHT’s Outreach Manager is a full-time, year-round, salaried position. Benefits include paid holidays, vacation time, personal days as well as a health stipend. Compensation is roughly $35-37K annually, to start, depending on experience.
The Outreach Manager’s primary focus is the planning and implementation of recruitment, engagement, and communications activities. Additionally, the Outreach Manager will perform general office clerical work, provide support for staff, and oversee inventory, sales, and staffing of the Nature Shop. The Outreach manager works closely with all staff and volunteers and reports to the Executive Director.
The Outreach Manager should convey an enthusiastic interest in land conservation and in the Deer Isle-Stonington community through strong communication, organizational, interpersonal, problem solving, and computer skills (Microsoft Office, Adobe products, Google Drive, MailChimp, Facebook, Instagram, Little Green Light CRM [Constituent Relationship Management], etc.)
- Coordinate IHT’s Volunteer Program including recruitment, scheduling, training, recognition;
- Produce regular outreach communications (Facebook, Instagram, MailChimp e-blasts, etc.) and assist with special mailings;
- Work closely with IHT’s Program Committee to ensure that programs support the mission and core values of IHT and provide opportunities for attracting new stakeholders; coordinate scheduling to produce year-round programming;
- Collaborate with Development Associate on database management and assist with moves management activities for volunteers and members;
- Oversee and manage IHT’s Nature Shop, including engaging customers, scheduling and training volunteer staff, and maintaining inventory;
- Develop and strengthen community engagement and collaboration with neighboring land trusts to promote conservation and implement programing;
- Answer and screen telephone calls and greet guests in a professional and courteous manner and manage IHT general email and inquiries. Provide administrative support for the ED and other staff members as required and manage general office needs (supplies, filing, photocopying, and scanning) and upkeep of organizational records and help to ensure positive work culture for staff and volunteers, (including committee members);
- Assist in other related aspects of IHT’s operations as needed.
Submit a cover letter, resume, and three references with contact information in one document (PDF) for immediate consideration.
Applications can be submitted by email, or by mail to contact information below. The position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. For questions, or more information contact:
Julia Zell, Executive Director
Island Heritage Trust
PO Box 42, Deer Isle, ME 04627